Friday, January 11, 2013

Training for My First Half Marathon: Plan

We're a bit overexcited and overconfident last November after completing the 10km run in Penang that we (Juvi and I) immediately registered for the Brooks half marathon which will commence on the 3rd March. Back to reality, it is possible but not as easy. 10km is one thing but 21km? Anyway, the air ticket has been bought, so the game is on.

After discussion with my training partner (owh, with the athletic Noraini my dear colleague, she is also running Brooks half marathon) we agreed on a schedule. Since we are working full day Mon to Sat, we will go for the long run every Sunday and will train separately for the weekdays. I went to 1B Fitness gym, tried to hit the threadmill 3 times a week. I will narrate on the details of my weekdays training in another entry. So, here is the schedule;

1) Week 1: Tun Fuad Park (6km)
2) Week 2: Stadium Likas to Yayasan Sabah-return (approx. 10km)
3) Week 3: Stadium Likas to McD Kingfisher roundabout-return (approx. 12km)
4) Week 4: Stadium Likas to UMS-return (approx. 16km)
5) Week 5: Stadium Likas to 1Sulaman-return (approx. 21km) 
6) Week 6: Stadium Likas to Indah Permai traffic light-return (approx. 24km)

I will try to update on the actual progress whenever possible. This is the part of my life where I am running to my heart content. And believe it or not, I'm loving it! 


4 comments:

  1. WoW!!! punya bangga me see this jadual Pong!! keep it up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alalalalalala......Hebatttt o ko Ponggggggg...siapa ada jadual lagi o...Hahahaha...Tapi bila2 fikir balik mcm terover confident ni hahaha..Good Luck..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ehehe, jadual ja tu dy. actual belum tentu. heheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. masih sgt tdk confident ni juvi. dis sunday mau hit 10km. kalau dapat kasi habis, mgkn ada cnfidnt lah sudah.

    ReplyDelete