Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Training for my First Half Marathon: Week 1

If you have read my previous entry, this is the first report of my training for the Brooks half marathon which is also will be my very first half marathon.

As scheduled, we (Noraini & I) ran at Taman Tun Fuad last Sunday. We suppose to be starting the run at 6am, but was delayed to 6.30am. The weather is good, and it's even a bit cold (rarely felt in KK), reminded me of the mornings in Ranau. Things I love about this Taman is there is not lack of joggers which of course gives you the sense of safety and I really love to see the sunrays penetrated through the leaves to the ground. I'll take photos next time.

We started the run at a slow pace (approx. 6.8km/hr) and finished 4.2km later in about 35mins. I was not even too tired yet, but got to attend a compulsory first aid training at 9am, so off I go. Noraini ran another 2 rounds after I left (8.4km in total). If you are running a long run, it is best to have a running partner, first to ensure your safety and secondly you forgot the time when you chats. While chatting and laughing the next thing you know you've already completed the route. I read somewhere that the best pace for running a marathon is with a pace where you still can chat.

Week 1 is done, will be running 10km this Sunday. On that same day I will also be attending an exam to qualify me as a first aider. How is your running guys, come on lets keep calm and run to our heart content!

No comments:

Post a Comment