Monday, January 21, 2013

Training for my First Half Marathon: Week 2

Noraini called to wake me at 4:16am yesterday, we suppose to meet up at Stadium Likas parking lot at 5am. Usually, waking up in the early morning is one of the hardest thing to do, but amazingly I woke up, dressed up and drove to the meeting place without much procrastinate. On the way, I saw quiet a number of runners already on the road, running with the streetlight as their guidance. Note to self, for safety should not wear dark t-shirt (was wearing black t-shirt). 

Reached the meeting site just in time and after a brief introduction we started our run on 5:15am. This was my first time running this early and everything were naturally new to me. It was peaceful and a bit cold morning, not so much a morning person, I found this so refreshing. We didn't chat much this time, hard to jog side by side on the road shoulder, but it doesn't matter, the soft embrace of the wind and the sound of the sea really made me forgot that I am actually jogging! hehe.

Past 5km just after we made the U turn at Yayasan Sabah roundabout, I started to feel tired but keep pushing myself. Then after km 6, it's no longer dark and I could see clearly the surrounding and I no longer afraid walking alone without company, so I gave up and started to walk. Noraini and Farah were few km ahead. I completed the 10km distance in 2hrs. Suprisingly there were about 20 runners cooling down and hanging around in the parking lot, they even offered me cold drinks and fruits, which I thankfully accepted. Later Noraini explained to me that they are member of the KK running club, they are preparing for the Hong Kong Marathon which will take place this February (oh, gosh they ran so fast). All of them looks so healthy and the ladies all have the identical flat abs!

Now do I have the confidence to complete the half marathon in 3hrs? No, not yet, but I found out that I like running in the morning. 

5 comments:

  1. early morning jog? hahhaha zzzzzz kena kasi laser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahhh... sungguh hebats sekali mu! :) keep up the good job! Best kan jog (or my case - leisurely WALKING) awal pagi :) Makes u able to keep calm throughout the day.. bah... kasi update lagi week 3, 4.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. tell me when there is a food marathon k...i am willing to join you guys for theborneo run tapi sebagai spectator saja lah ok....

    ReplyDelete
  4. togou: best bah early morning jog. betul ni. bah bawa ur runnign shoes, bawa ko jog sini nanti.

    juvi: heheh kita mimang overconfident

    Dy: muahahah, best kan awal pagi. given dapat bangun lah. memang ni running thingy bagi tu calming effect kan

    Boi: ok c u nanti may sini ya. sdg tgk2 tu flite tix

    ReplyDelete