Monday, October 18, 2010

Equality

There is this planning of my mobilization to Sarawak, and the thing is, I am not entitled to any allowances increase! Simply coz Sabah and Sarawak is grouped as one region, so being a Sabahan is also means I am a Sarawakian. I was furious last week when the management e-mailed me this explanation, it is arguable right, I mean.. well, define locality? Try distance, try air fare, try language, culture, and all many more stuffs that lead to the discovery that I am not a Sarawak local.. (sigh).

However, despite of the long list of unfairness i kept in chest (well, colleagues from peninsular make twice than what I get) damn no, I did not argue back, a decision I made after a simple risk calculation (argue then a high possibility of job-less ~ not a good timing). Lacking of other alternative, I rest my case.

This arrangement in a sense motivates me. Let be the best in what we do! by the way I might be a Sarawakian after all.

4 comments:

  1. just say that you need a pasport to work in sarawak..!! who on earth need a passport to work in a place you are from!!..aku pun tidak puas hati..! allow me to hasut you to berhenti kerja serta merta...!! come join me in photo taking!!:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, boii. tempted (big time), but really despite of some occasions, I love doing my job and i'd like to join in few more projects.

    But really, lets do that photo taking. Seriously jen! sila lah kasi tag me along, part time boleh tu (lagipun, distance kita kan semakin dekat, kihkih)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah... u're a sarawakian eh?? that's an absurd way of them trying to get out of paying you more $$! Hang in there... a few more projects in your resume sambil u tagging tagging along on photoshoots should be ok.. besides, sibu got lots and lots of goody yummy food! (calling jane and togs - let's road trip to sibu!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wakaka dy. m counting days to be transferred n u bet, of cos will be a regular to your place nanti.

    ReplyDelete